What is Swedish Massage?
Swedish massage is the most commonly offered and best-known type of massage. If it's you're first time at the spa, Swedish massage is the perfect place to start.
· During Swedish massage, massage therapists use massage oils to facilitate smooth, gliding strokes called effleurage. Other classic Swedish massage moves include kneading, friction, stretching and (sometimes) tapping.
· Swedish massage uses firm but gentle pressure to promote relaxation, ease muscle tension and create other health benefits.
· Generally during Swedish massage you're nude underneath a towel or sheet (under pants only). The therapist uncovers only the part of the body she is working on, a technique called "draping".
· You can keep your underwear on during Swedish massage, and many newcomers do.
· Feel free to state your preference for pressure during Swedish massage. It can range from light to firm. Swedish massage usually includes some deeper work on areas of specific muscle tension. If you want more intensive work and firmer pressure, get a deep tissue massage.
Making an appointment
Stanley Street, EH15 1JJ
Interested in finding out more about treatments?
Simply call on:
What Information Do I Need?
I need your contact details, your: name, phone number, address, postcode and email address. I will also need information about your age and health in order for a treatment to go ahead.
Why Do I Need It, How Will I Use It and How Long I We Retain It?
I need all the details above in order to ensure that it is safe for me to provide the treatments you may ask for and also for insurance purposes. I will store your information for 7 years after the date of your treatment, or for 7 years after you have reached the age of 18 if you are/were under 18 when your treatment took place. The lawful basis for processing this personal information is ‘contract’, this means that I have a legal reason to ask you for your data because I need it for contractual reasons. You do not have to share your personal data with me, but if you do not I cannot offer you a treatment with Amazonite Therapies. You must fulfil your side of the contract (share your personal information) in order for me to fulfil mine (carry out treatment).
I would also like to send you information about the products and services I offer using the information you have shared with me, but you do not have to agree to this for treatment to go ahead. If you agree to being contacted for marketing purposes using the following methods please circle the relevant boxes to give your consent. You may withdraw this consent at any time by emailing me at email@example.com or calling me on 07980 851396.
Post Email Phone SMS Automated Phone Call
I will not share your information with anyone outside of Amazonite Therapies.
Who Can I Complain To If I Feel You Are Not Handling My Data Correctly?
Client signature: Date: